Sections

Friday, July 5, 2013

Cads the puking cat

Since the semester ended I had wanted to go back and model, rig and animate something from scratch. But I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted to start with. So after a few weeks of  wondering what to do my inspiration tumblr pointed me in a direction. 

*insert cads here*
http://notmusa.tumblr.com/post/54078566019/so-i-see-a-lot-of-ian-but-not-a-ton-of-cads-whats-up
I asked an annon question just to get extra reference of the cat and ended up giving him a new name. Yay!

Anyway... 

I thought putting this guy through the full pipeline would be 
1. Fun 
2. Good practice for: modeling, morpher targets, rigging and (eventually dun nuh nah DAH ) Animating. 
3. A Challenge 

You'll see there are inconsistencies in notmusa's drawings which I love. Which freed me up to be a little creative as I modeled out. 

(This guy is not complete and still a work in progress but I though it was worthy of showing in this state)

Here's some images of the progress so far a long with my unorthodox method of using reference planes. (Orthogonal views are for suckers!) 
I used the UV texture editor to focus in on the Cads drawings taken from Notmusa's tumblr, that way all of my reference is inside maya and i can optimize my work space when I need to. 




Next step: finalize the model, and get started on rigging!

Notmusa, if you see this, you're awesome. I was going to tell you about it when I was done I promise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment